Sunday, October 4, 2009

191/365 The gift of flowers

Unless you're intending to convey the meaning behind the flowers, they're a pretty safe, no-fail gift for a woman. We all have our favorites, but I don't know anyone who would turn down a gift of flowers just based on the item itself. However, I have to say, when it comes to choosing great flowers to give, Mom's closest friend does it better than anyone.

On the day I was born, Mickey brought Mom a bouquet of fresh peonies. When my grandmother died in February, Mickey gave mom a pot of bright pink calla lilies that completely blew me away. And now? She gave Mom a pot of gorgeous orange and yellow mums that would make anyone feel more positive about fall.

She has a gift!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640, lit directly with a flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment