Sunday, February 15, 2009

329/365 Pink calla lilies

Before Wednesday, I had no idea that pink calla lilies existed. And wow! They're absolutely beautiful!

I know traditional white calla lilies are a huge trend in weddings right now, and while they are beautiful, they don't strike me in any particular way. But then my mom received a pot of pink mini calla lilies last week, and they completely bowled me over.

Part of it is probably due to the fact that my photographer sensibilities have been dying for flowers lately. I'm so tired of brown brown brown brown, everything dead and brown. I'm ready for flowers of all shapes, colors, sizes... And bright pink holds a special place in my heart anyways.

So these lilies were a breath of visual fresh air. I couldn't resist getting dozens of photos of them.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/250s, f/2.8 at ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment