Thursday, October 29, 2009

215/365 Fall leaves


I couldn't resist another leaf photo. We only have peak color for a short period of time, so I want to get as many photos as I can while it's here!

I'm glad I got this photo when I did, because this week we've had more rain and wind, meaning many of our lovely leaves have been knocked to the ground. The evidence is all over my deck, which was clear on Monday night, but covered again by Wednesday morning.

Living surrounded by big maple trees is wonderful except at two times of the year: when they drop their "whirlybird" (or "helicopters," as Chase and I always called them) seeds in the spring, and when they lose their leaves in the fall.

Cleanup is a bit of a pain.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 100 at about 5:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment