Monday, October 19, 2009

206/365 Cook for the Cure


Cook for the Cure. And that we did.

As I mentioned in my first pink post last week, my office held its annual charity open house on Friday afternoon/evening, benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

Cook for the Cure is KitchenAid's effort to support breast cancer research and awareness. We held our own event around that theme, which featured a cooking contest (varieties of foods on a stick), silent auction, and raffle of a special pink KitchenAid stand mixer. (I wanted that mixer so badly I could already taste the cookies I'd make with it. But, alas, a different young woman won the grand prize. Sigh. At least it wasn't someone who can seriously afford to buy their own, so I suppose she deserves it. Maybe I can babysit.)

Clients, vendors, family and friends came and supported the cause. The previous record was approximately $8,500. So far (with the expectation that donations will still trickle in for another couple of weeks), we've surpassed $10,000!

This was my first big event as part of this company, and I really enjoyed it. It brought back positive memories of charity fundraising in other past lives.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/60s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000

No comments:

Post a Comment