Saturday, October 31, 2009

217/365 Ouch


I have one very reliable indicator that fall has arrived: my hands.

Each year at this time, when the moisture gets sucked out of the atmosphere and taken down to Florida with all the snow birds, my hands dry out over night.

You see it first on my knuckles and along the top of my whole thumb. First, they lose their softness, instead becoming rough and scratchy. At the next stage, they turn red and rather shriveled. And finally, small cracks form and they bleed. It's really annoying, and it hurts.

And I have yet to find a lotion or cream or remedy or spell that will cure this curse on my hands. I've tried dozens of brands from dozens of recommendations, but nothing really helps.I even have to resort to piling on a thick cream at bed time and sleeping in cotton gloves. It works for about six hours after waking, and then I'm pretty much back in the same painful boat.

It's that time of year again.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/3.2 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment