Wednesday, October 14, 2009

201/365 DIY kitchen chairs - before and after

I've got a list of projects I want to get done before the holidays, and I was able to cross one off my list this past weekend: finished kitchen chairs!

I want my home to be a colorful, lively space, so I chose to make my kitchen chairs fit into that same theme. Instead of buying a set of four matching chairs, I have one hand-me-down chair (already painted white), and I bought two unfinished, unmatched chairs to supplement it as a start.

That meant more painting for me, and I've just about had my fill of painting.

I primed the chairs several weeks ago, but I finally got around to finishing them this weekend. Here's the first chair, before its final coat, and after a smooth coat of bright yellow spray paint:
Is that cheery or what?

And here's the second chair, which was decidedly more difficult and left my spray-can trigger finger and forearm sore for days afterward:
It was worth it! The two chairs add a nice, fun splash of color into the kitchen.

Next project? Finish painting the laundry room. Yes, more painting.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 100 to 250 in shade at about 4:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment