Tuesday, October 27, 2009

214/365 Golden leaves


As a rule, my favorite fall trees are most often those with bright red leaves, followed closely by vivid orange.

But this year, I've found myself struck by the yellow-leafed trees. Some environmental factor(s) must have aligned in a way this year that make these trees almost appear luminous in the sunshine.

On Saturday afternoon I finally got a chance to pull off to the side of the road when the sun was shining to photograph some of these golden leaves. This stretch of roadway, where the trees meet overhead to create a tunnel, is always a particularly beautiful area.

Why can't all fall days look like this?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 4:30 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool image. I couldn't help but wonder about the sign. Was there a reason you decided to keep it in the frame? I wonder what it would look like without it.... Or perhaps it adds some sort of conceptual connotation to the whole thing. Made me wonder anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did consciously choose to keep it in the frame. I've done a shot similar to this in this spot that didn't include the sign, so this was kept for variety! I like road signs, and I like that it echoes the colors in the scene.

    I'm afraid the reasoning doesn't go a whole lot deeper than that. :)

    ReplyDelete