Sunday, March 22, 2009

365/365 The grand finale

Take a look at the title of this post.

365/365.

That's right! I made it successfully through Project 365.

If you're a new visitor, or fairly new, welcome! You can learn about Project 365 -- and maybe become inspired to try it yourself -- at Photojojo. I'd also suggest typing "project 365" into your search engine of choice and perusing the listings that pop up. Flickr has a group devoted to it as well.

It's been an amazing year. I picked up my camera every day for a year, except for a week following my eye surgery, during which I realized it was a wasted effort when I couldn't see well enough to see the photo, let alone tell if it was in focus.

To cap off the year and the project, I'll share my personal top 10 favorite posts from the last 365 days, in chronological order:

79/365 A day of girlfriends, in person and on the silver screen. My second solo portrait photo shoot. I did my first solo shoot earlier in the year, in April, with another girlfriend. I consider both shoots to have been successful, but what makes the shoot on day 79 especially rewarding is I can look back and see my hands-on knowledge improve.

96/365 Second outdoor portrait shoot. And then came this second shoot. I was able to take what I'd learned from the first two shoots and stretch my boundaries for this one. Now I can't wait to see what I can do this year!

113/365 Fields of gold. Wheat fields in central Indiana. I love the monochromatic quality of this image. It consistently comes up as one of my favorites.

127/365 Rocky Mountain National Park. Ah, vacation! I had the chance to get some very different photos on this trip, and the mountains in this park were stunning.

169/365 Light up the skies over Indianapolis. Sky Concert, one of my favorite events of the summer. I photographed real fireworks for the first time, and I had an excellent seat to get photos of downtown Indianapolis. What a great night.

198/365 Fall bouquet. This sunflower has to be one of my all-time favorite flower photos (and that's saying a lot, because I have hundreds of flower photos). My mom loved it so much that she had a 16x20" print made for her kitchen.

261/365 Toys from Christmases past. A macro shot of this koosh ball is just plain fun. It's unlike anything else I photographed over the year.

311/365 Mouth-watering dessert. I didn't initially think that a photo of two bowls of ice cream would be in my top ten for the year, but there's something about this shot that I really love (aside from the subject). I like the composition, the lighting, the color... It's just a pleasing shot, and that qualifies it for one of my favorites.

313/365 Now THAT'S what I call snow. Twelve inches of snow, followed by a gorgeous, sunny day. A perfect opportunity for photos!

361/365 First spring crocus. And finally, a photo from this past week. I love this photo so much that I've made it my desktop background at both home and work, and it's my wallpaper on my iPhone as well. I love the foreground elements, the completely out-of-focus background, the color, the water droplets, the spot-on focus... lovely.

If you've been a devoted follower, I'd love to hear what your favorite posts/photos have been over the last year.

I've decided (and have been persuaded) to restart Project 365 and take on another year. I'd been wavering between another P365 or just making this a regular photo blog, but I chose to go with the former.

But now, I think I'll take Sunday as a day of rest -- a one-day break -- then pick up Year 2 of Project 365 on Monday.

Stay tuned...!

Camera settings for this post, 365: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/500, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 5:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment