Monday, March 16, 2009

360/365 Living vicariously

Dancing with the Stars is back for a new season, and while I'm thrilled that one of my favorite shows has returned, I'm less than enthralled with this cast.

What it does, more than anything, is make me want to get back out ballroom dancing. When I went to college, one of the things on my "must do" list was take ballroom lessons. Butler luckily offered ballroom as one of its available PE credits, which I took right off the bat in my freshman year.

It was completely addicting. Each semester thereafter, I went back for the Friday morning class just to participate. I miss it, but I haven't been able to find the right mix of challenging lessons, fun group atmosphere, and performance since then. I tried my hand at competition and didn't care for it.

So, until I find my own perfect situation, I'll continue to sit back and live vicariously through the contestants on Dancing with the Stars. Well, I'd be doing that regardless.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/5s, f/5.6 at ISO 500

No comments:

Post a Comment