Wednesday, March 11, 2009

355/365 Lonely bird's nest

I'm don't necessarily agree with the fact that Indiana observes daylight savings time with New York, not Chicago, but I do love having more evening daylight. With that comes sunsets after I've arrived home from work, instead of while I'm still in my car.

Yesterday's was beautiful. I stepped outside for this shot and found this lonely, small bird's nest as a focal point. I don't know if it has hung on through the winter months or if it's new, but it looks awfully unprotected on this bare tree.

The birds are gradually returning, which is a welcome sound all day long, but especially in the morning. It's so still and quiet when they fly south, so their song upon return makes me appreciate their presence.

And that means spring!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 640 at about 8:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment