Sunday, March 1, 2009

344/365 Cooking spree

I've been in a cooking mood for the last several weeks, and it escalated this weekend.

It started with attempting to replicate Hardee's cinnamon raisin biscuits at home. I googled the phrase, found a few recipes, and chose one to try on Saturday morning. The result? Close but definitely needs tweaking.

The morning's biscuits didn't damper my urge to cook, so I decided to make homemade pizza for dinner. I make the dough in the bread machine, divide it into three sections, and make individual personal pizzas. It's absolutely fantastic. The part that keeps me from making it more often is it takes at least two hours from start to finish, so you really have to have time and plan ahead.

I'd become completely excited for the cinnamon raisin biscuits, and when they didn't turn out as perfectly as I'd hoped, it left my taste for cinnamon and raisin unsatiated. So after lunch, I pulled out a cookie cookbook and made oatmeal raisin cookies, a recipe that included cinnamon. Yum!

What to make next?

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment