Monday, June 2, 2008

79/365 A day of girlfriends, in person and on the silver screen

I have now finally seen Sex and the City in its entirety! My friends and I met for a 1:15 matinee on Sunday and rejoined the NYC ladies without interruption. I enjoyed the movie very much even though I still don't feel like they should have even made it in the first place. I loved how the series ended, so I was certain the movie would only be a disappointing last-ditch effort to resurrect the phenomenon (and make more money). I was pleasantly surprised that it was done so well. It will definitely become part of my permanent collection.

Sunday also marked a milestone for me photographically: I successfully held a photo shoot with my first paying customer!

My friend, Kristin, will be moving to NYC in the fall, and she asked if I would do some portraits of her before she left. I gladly agreed, because not only is she a friend, she's continually one of my favorite subjects.

We scheduled it for Sunday evening after the movie. When we left the movie, approaching thunderstorms darkened the skies to our west, but we chose to give it a try and see how much we could get done before I needed to stow away the camera.

The weather cooperated with us long enough!

These are some of my favorites from the day:





We're going to meet again to do a second outdoor shoot, and then we're going to experiment with some indoor shots in a more studio-like setting.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR
1st photo: 1/125s, f/4.0 at ISO 400
2nd photo: 1/125s, f/4.5 at ISO 400
3rd photo: 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 400
4th photo: 1/60s, f/4.5 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment