Thursday, March 5, 2009

348/365 Construction project

As a person who knows very little about construction, it's interesting to watch this scene out my window at work every day.

My office window faces a main road, and across the street is a big construction project in-progress. For the last two months, the workers haven't seemed to be doing anything but pushing dirt around. But in the last week or two, they seem to be making some progress.

Take two days ago: a cement mixer came in and spread what I'm guessing was lime. A guy in a different machine followed him and broke up the dirt, distributing the lime into the ground farther.

Then this tanker came in and sprayed water over the whole area. After that, they smoothed out the dirt and started surveying the area.

I still have no idea what they're doing, but it's an interesting process to watch. I have to turn around and check it out every once in a while when a new noise catches my attention.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 11:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment