Sunday, March 15, 2009

358/365 New life

This sight stirs an excitement in me that I've been anticipating for months: the first plants and flowers are venturing into spring.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of spring and summer. I like winter up to a point, which usually happens around January 2, but I definitely favor the warmer months.

Like anyone, I've speculated about where I'd live if I were to leave Indiana. The verdict? Unless I had a compelling reason to move farther north -- like an exodus of family -- I'd go to a warmer climate. I could much more easily face the idea of more spring and summer than more snow and bone-chilling temperatures.

Indiana is a nice compromise, but the winter is still long enough that I'm starving for spring. And here it comes...

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125, f/5.6 at ISO 250 at about 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment