Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2/365 A disappearing sight

How long will it be before CDs go the way of vinyl records and cassette tapes?

I'm reluctant to let go of CDs. I enjoy going to the store, picking a CD from the rack, looking through the included booklet of notes, photos, and lyrics, and having a tactile copy of my music.

I do get home and import it into my iTunes for my iPod, but call me old-fashioned, because I've still never bought a single song through iTunes. I know you can burn a CD of your iTunes purchases, but it just doesn't seem the same.

On the other hand, I've completely embraced digital photography and don't mourn the downfall of film. I do have prints made of my favorites so that I can keep hard-copy albums, but I retain the vast majority in file-only form.

So I guess I'm schizophrenic when it comes to technology. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400, set on fluorescent white balance to achieve the purple cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment