Monday, December 8, 2008

261/365 Toys from Christmases past

Did you ever have a Koosh ball?

I have five. They're just your standard balls, no extra bells and whistles, three of which came with a game book.

I spent one Thanksgiving break from school teaching myself to juggle with Koosh balls. They're fairly easy to juggle because they're light and easy to hold on to.

My five are still close at hand, because I still find them to be lots of fun. And, judging from the little bit of Googling I did about them, nearly 40% of those sold in the late '80s and early '90s were sold to adults -- so I'm not alone in hanging onto them.

As you can tell from this photo, I also discovered that they make very interesting macro subjects.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and external E-TTL flash, 1/125s, f/11 at ISO 100, with the flash bounced off the refrigerator to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment