Monday, March 9, 2009

353/365 Family pie

I'm generally not a fan of pie.

Except for this one.

It's a secret family recipe that uses a graham-cracker crust and is absolutely wonderful. Last night I realized that one thing I like about it is the fact that it's not too sweet or rich, so I can actually eat the whole piece.

Yes, I'm one of those strange people who does have a limit to her sweet threshold.

Chocolate pie? Forget it, I can't handle it. Fruit pie? No thanks, I'll take a crisp instead. Sugar cream pie, the official state pie of Indiana? Doesn't do anything for me.

This family pie only gets made a few times a year for special occasions, namely my parents' anniversary and Dad's birthday. He gets a pie to himself for each event, which evolved because Chase's idea of a "piece" involves consuming 1/4 of the pie at a time. Twice a day, at lunch and dinner.

So Dad's special pie had a way of disappearing before he could even get to it. Now there's a Dad pie and a community pie. This photo is of the piece sliver that Chase left me of the anniversary pie.

It may not have been much, but it was oh-so good.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment