Thursday, March 26, 2009

4/365 A different angle

As part of my mission to stretch my creative juices this year, I migrated from my "usual" style of flower photography for this shot.

I initially walked outside wanting to go for a silhouette photo, but in the twenty minutes I'd been inside, cloud cover moved in and chose not to cooperate.

To get this angle, I lay flat on the grass under the edge of this small magnolia bush, pointed my camera straight up at the sky, and was conscious of keeping some foreground elements in the frame for depth and interest.

My usual way would have included keeping those blurred foreground elements out of the frame. But this is different, and it stretched me, so I'll consider the mission accomplished.

There will be other days for silhouettes.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/4.5 at ISO 100 at about 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment