Tuesday, June 17, 2008

95/365 Lights out

Not long from now, I will be unable to take pictures of lights like this.

I'm a big fan of everyone becoming more energy-conscious through using more efficient, clean items, even though the flickering of dying fluorescent bulbs drives me absolutely batty. But I'll miss some aspects of the good old trusty incandescent bulbs.

I'll miss being able to see the inner structure that gives off light with the addition of electricity. I'll miss that surprising "pop!" when the bulb burns out. And I'll miss hearing the broken filament swinging back and forth inside the glass.

It will take me a while to completely warm up to the cool white fluorescent light. So here's to one of the greatest inventions of the 19th century. Can you imagine life by candlelight?

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment