Wednesday, June 25, 2008

103/365 Christmas in (almost) July

This little poinsettia was a table centerpiece at our office Christmas lunch last December, and it is still just as healthy as can be. We had a couple other larger plants that have long since succumbed, but this little one, after living all winter and spring on the kitchen table, now gets to live in the screened porch.

Something about the humidity, indirect light, and misting rain through the screen make plants absolutely thrive out here. It's our potted-plant ICU.

I thrive out here, too. It's my favorite spot to read or take a nap in the summer. We have one rocking chair that makes me, no matter how awake I am, get sleepy. I can lean my head back on the cushion and doze off listening to the birds and bullfrogs.

The only problem with falling asleep in this chair is that with your head back and neck muscles relaxed, nothing keeps your mouth closed. And not only does a chance exist that a flying insect or spider will drop in, but there are people who might take your picture.

Who, me?

Camera: Canon 40D 1/60s, f/5.0 at ISO 200 in sunlight at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment