Tuesday, June 3, 2008

81/365 Stormy skies

With the temperatures finally climbing into the more seasonal 80s for the past week, the skies have been roaring with spring storms. Several tornadoes hit the state in the storms last Friday night (while I was attempting to watch Sex and the City the first time), and another hit during the day today.

And we're not done yet. More storms are forecasted overnight tonight.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we get the right conditions for me to step out and take some lightning photos. I've found that the best time is when the storms are approaching from the west or northwest, before the rain starts, with actual bolts visible. The positions of our trees, combined with my location on the front porch make these my ideal conditions.

We'll see!

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR 1/125s, f/16 at ISO 100 at sunset, approximately 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment