Wednesday, June 11, 2008

89/365 Teeny wildlife

For the past week, every time I've ventured out to the barn, in one particular corner on the east side, I've had to watch my step.

Jumping all over the place are handfuls of teeny tiny baby toads. When I look down, all around my feet I see small things zipping between blades of grass. At first glance, they're so small they almost look like bugs -- or flies.

But upon closer inspection, I realized they're not bugs but baby toads. And at the risk of sounding like a girl, they are so darn cute.

I've seen them before, but it's been a few years.

When we were kids, every once in a while we'd find baby painted turtles in the yard whose shells were the size of quarters.

They were really cute, too.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR on Program setting, in shade at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment