Sunday, June 29, 2008

106/365 Wide open spaces

I love living where we do for hundreds of reasons. But one aspect that doesn't float my boat is how inhospitable it is for running/walking/biking outside.

1. No sidewalks, so you pray that every driver is paying attention and doesn't decide to reach in the backseat for something just as they come up over the hill.

2. Loose dogs. When we do walk or bike outside, knowledge of neighbors' loose dogs keeps us within a 1 to 1.5-mile radius of our house.

So we usually stick to the treadmill.

Regardless, Mom and I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday afternoon to get outside (venturing no farther than one mile south). She walked, I biked. Looking back at her over this hill, with no houses in view, and long, brown grass blowing on the side of the road, it made me think of a wide-open prairie in Nebraska (or somewhere).

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 2:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment