Saturday, June 14, 2008

90/365 Creative companionship

One of my favorite things to do with a group of friends is go to Kiln Creations in Broad Ripple. It's a paint-your-own-ceramics studio. You walk in, choose a ceramic item -- anything from coffee mugs to teapots to bowls to platters to spoon rests -- then select your paint colors and go!

I love it because I get to sit and chat with my friends for a couple hours in an atmosphere of creativity. You can easily talk while you're painting (unless you're doing a terribly intricate pattern), but it also allows everyone to just paint quietly in companionable silence, too.

Painting has never been an artistic hobby that I've pursued, but I find this place very calming. I met Erica after work on Thursday, and we went into Broad Ripple to go to Kiln Creations. She picked a soap dish and I picked a serving platter.

The only negative is you have to wait a week to pick up your piece after they've glazed and fired it. The suspense just kills me!

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR, 1/60s, f/4.0 at ISO 1600 in natural light at about 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment