Monday, June 2, 2008

80/365 Peonies

Today's flower actually isn't growing in my own yard, but my aunt's next door. Her peony bushes are at a perfect peak right now.

When I think of peonies I think of two things: my birthday and ants.

My birthday because it's in June, so peonies are always blooming.

Ants, because whenever I decide to try to bring some inside, no matter how much I shake shake shake them, I never seem to be able to get all of the ants out. And bugs just don't fit into a perfect bouquet in my book.

What I find interesting about this association between peonies and ants is that it is actually a partnership. Peony blossoms cannot bloom without the help of ants to open the buds.

So maybe I should shake the blooms with a little more respect. But not enough to welcome the ants to the dinner table.

Camera: Canon Rebel DSLR 1/400s, f/4.5 at ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment