Tuesday, June 24, 2008

102/365 Weddings and meringue

This picture makes me think of two things: weddings and meringue.

Weddings because the flowers are soft, ivory, clustered together, and remind me of a summer centerpiece or decorative gown.

Meringue because it reminds me of the top of a baked pie. When you make meringue, you know it's the right consistency when it can form stiff peaks. Then the tips of those peaks brown when they're baked -- and the ends of these petals remind me of that.

It's actually a photo of yucca flowers, which to me have nothing to do with any wedding I've been to -- or any pie I've seen. But as I was scrolling through these pictures to choose today's, those are the images that immediately popped into my head.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Camera: Canon 40D 1/125s, f/8 at ISO 200 in sunlight at about 7:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment