Wednesday, July 29, 2009

129/365 An easy dinner at the IMA

The grounds of the Indianapolis Museum of Art are some of the most beautiful in the city. I've always enjoyed going and just enjoying the space, even if I'm not there for the museum itself or a Summer Nights movie.

Last night, I picked up Subway sandwiches and met a girlfriend for an easy dinner, just sitting on a bench on the grounds, catching up while we enjoyed our inexpensive dinner. We've both been pinching our pennies lately, so I thought this would be a good way for us to get together without making a big production out of it.

And it was wonderful!

Afterward, I drove through the grounds, scoping out photo opportunities (there are hundreds) while forcing myself to stay out of the greenhouse area. This called for some variety! This photo is of the recently redone (within the last five years) entrance to the museum itself. It's an especially beautiful sight at night, when the glass facade is truly luminous.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/5.6 at ISO 100 at about 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment