Saturday, June 13, 2009

82/365 Summer Nights

I love nothing more than spending quality time with friends and family. The Summer Nights series at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, in my opinion, is one of the best summer activities in the city.

On Friday nights in the summer, the IMA shows a movie in its outdoor amphitheater. The selection of movies is completely eclectic -- you'll find everything from The Goonies to Field of Dreams, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show to Roman Holiday.

Tickets go on sale at 6:00 p.m., and each time I've been, the 600 available tickets have sold out within two hours.

I went with two different groups of friends on Friday night. My favorite part is the picnicking and visiting before the film starts. You bring food to share, games to play, and just enjoy being together for a few hours outside.

We played a few rousing games of Uno this time, so your photo selection for the day is a series of action shots.

Shuffling the deck:

Reversing the direction of play:

Taking a turn:
The movie was Roman Holiday, an old black and white Audrey Hepburn film. I had never seen one of her films, so that alone was a treat. I liked it!

I can't wait to go back again.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/125s, f/4 at ISO 200 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment