Sunday, July 19, 2009

119/365 Stunning zinnias

Is this a gorgeous flower, or what?

It's a zinnia, found at one end of my aunt's garden. She has multiple varieties and colors planted there, so it was difficult to choose one favorite. I love that the center almost looks like a ring of flowers in the middle of the main blossom.

As I did a little research about zinnias, in the link above, I found it interesting to learn that they're a great flower to have in or near a garden. Part of that can be attributed to the fact that they attract bees and butterflies, which help to pollinate the garden.

Plus, they're one of those few plants that loves loads of sunshine, actually requiring at least six hours of full sun per day. All these are wonderful, but I'm just appreciative of how beautiful they are! And you know I love a photogenic flower.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/3.5 at ISO 100 at about 5:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment