Friday, July 24, 2009

122/365 Perfect cherry tomatoes

I'm trying to wait patiently for tomatoes plucked fresh from the garden.

The time is getting closer (or for you, if you planted early, you may already be reaping the benefits), so in the meantime I'm making do with store-bought produce.

These perfect little cherry tomatoes have been available at the grocery store for a few weeks, and they're quite fun to add to a salad. Yes, they're small enough to pop right in your mouth, but I've been slicing them into halves or quarters to make them last a little longer -- meaning I get more bites with bits of tomato.

And when I'm having a salad with lots of fresh toppings, I try to get a little of everything in each forkful. Life is all about balance, right?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens and 430EX Speedlite, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 in mixed indoor lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment