Sunday, July 26, 2009

125/365 Pinneaple Zucchini Cake

I'm one of the thousands of followers of the Pioneer Woman, and one day last week she featured a cake on her cooking page that happily put to use one of the abundant vegetables currently growing: zucchini!

Mom and I were both salivating while reading through the list of ingredients, so we took the time on Saturday afternoon to make this.

It's a Pineapple Zucchini Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, and I'm definitely addicted.

I love pineapple. I growing to really enjoy zucchini. And I'm a sucker for just about anything with "cream cheese" in its name.

Thankfully, this cake didn't let us down. It was easy to make, full of flavor, moist, and a definite repeater.

And really, it's a cake with both fruit and vegetables in it. I think that alone means it can't be considered a dessert, but a healthy side dish instead! Pass me another piece!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 640 in natural light at about 7:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment