Sunday, July 5, 2009

105/365 Working as a team

Unless you live beyond the borders of urban, and even suburban, areas, this isn't something you get to see every day.

The gentleman driving this big rig is a neighbor whose house I pass every day on my way to and from work. He has several beautiful draft horses, and I've seen him out a lot recently training these two to pull a wagon together.

He started by training each one individually, then moved them up to pull a smaller cart together, so they can get used to working as a team. Judging by how well they're doing here, I'd say the training is going quite well.

In the winter he has a sleigh and bells that he attaches to the horses, which has to be one of the coolest, most postcard-perfect scenes I've seen.

But I don't want to think about winter right now. I just want to stand in awe of these magnificent horses.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment