Wednesday, July 8, 2009

108/365 Fancy features

Shiny, fancy, brand-new appliances.

Even if you're not currently in the market for a new _____ (insert appliance here), it's still fun to go look at the fancy colors, dials, and options, don't you think?

Or maybe it's just me.

I was in Sears with my parents last night, and I couldn't help getting a photo of the neatly stacked fancy front-load washers and dryers.

Can you imagine living 100+ years ago when you had to take your laundry out to the river to wash by hand? Well, maybe you do actually remember that time, but I haven't had the pleasure of living through that experience.

The features on the latest machines are mind-boggling. They'll practically load themselves then help you get dressed when your clothes are warm and dry. And then you consider the décor aspect, and you get into a whole different realm of decision-making. When did a washing machine become artsy?

It makes me wonder what the features will be like in 10 years. Or 20. Maybe they really will load themselves.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000

No comments:

Post a Comment