Tuesday, July 7, 2009

107/365 Fresh salads

A good, fresh salad is one of those foods that feels like you're burning calories just by eating it, because it takes so much work.

It takes a lot of hunting around in the bowl to get a forkful of a good mix of ingredients. Then it takes work just to chew it, because it has volume and lots of crunch.

Now, if it gets drenched or buried under creamy dressing, not only is the healthy aspect minimized, but those wonderfully crunchy ingredients go soft.

But I like just a little dressing, so my salads take work. Right now I'm on an Italian dressing kick, preferably made at home with vinegar, oil, water and a packet of seasoning. And with the abundance of fresh veggies becoming available, I'm having lots of salads.

So does that mean I deserve extra dessert?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 800 in window light at about 7:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment