Sunday, July 12, 2009

111/365 Feeling marooned

There's something about this sight that makes me laugh.

We got nearly three inches of rain on Saturday, and on my drive home, I passed this cow just standing by herself (I think it's a "she") in the middle of a big puddle.

She must have been enjoying it, perhaps soaking her tired hooves in the cool mud, because her comrades were nearby on dry ground.

I drove by her once, chuckled, then decided to turn around and go back for a photo. By the time I got back to her, she had turned her back to me, as she is here. I got my photo, drove by to turn around again, and on my third pass she was still in the puddle.

I'm not one to judge her reasoning. I'm sure a cool foot bath on a hot day was welcomed!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment