Thursday, July 9, 2009

109/365 Sneak Peek - Kelly & Matt's Engagement

Kelly and I know each other from our days on the ballroom dance team at Butler University. I haven't seen her in several years, so I was surprised -- and completely honored -- when she emailed me, asking if I'd shoot her engagement photos.

It didn't take me long to respond, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

She said she and her fiancé, Matt, have been following along with SightSalad and wanted to support a fellow BU alumna. How in the world could anyone turn that down?

I asked them a series of questions to find out more about how they relate to one another and what they had in mind for their photos, and Matt said his dream would be to have a photo of them sitting at center court in Hinkle Fieldhouse.

Well, let's see what we can do about that!

We met for Part 1 of our session at Hinkle last night, and we're planning to head back to campus on Saturday for more outdoor photos. (Cross your fingers that the weather holds out.)

You get a sneak peek today, with one of my favorites from the Hinkle series. And yes, they are indeed at center court. Stay tuned for more shots in the days to come!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 640 in halogen gymnasium lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment