Sunday, July 5, 2009

104/365 It's Independence Day

Independence Day for me this year was going to largely be spent like any other weekend. And really, the day itself dawned gray, rainy, and the temperature barely reached 70°F. That weather alone is enough to make you forget what day it is.

And sure enough, Mom and I headed to Brownsburg for some errands, not realizing until we saw flashing lights ahead that we'd run straight into the town's parade.

Oops.

Well now that we're here, we might as well catch some of the parade, right? Looks like a photo opportunity to me!

I told Mom that in about 20 years she should join this group of ladies. They call themselves "Red Hats and Purple Chaps." It made me laugh, but honestly looked like a great idea.

I worried for the band's instruments when the sprinkling rain started to intensify. They didn't seem phased, though, and they had a captive audience of little kids.

This spectator and her pup made me smile. The poodle was really cute, one of the cutest poodles I've seen, and teeny tiny. And of course she was sporting a red, white and blue scarf around her neck!

We watched the parade for a while then left before it was finished in order to beat the traffic. That may not be patriotic, but it sure saves some time.

Happy Fourth of July!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 10:30 a.m. under overcast, rainy skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment