Monday, June 22, 2009

92/365 Digital pigs are flying

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd see one of these mounted to the side of my parents' house.

Wait a minute, is that a pig I see flying in the background?

Seriously, in all my years, the only time I've had cable/satellite TV was while living on campus in college or while staying in a hotel. My family has always resisted the idea of paying for television service, content to stick with local network broadcasting.

But the recent mandatory conversion to digital signals changed the game. They tried a couple brands of converter boxes, with little success. Weak signals meant missed shows, the boxes turned off on their own in the middle of a recording, etcetera etcetera.

So they finally gave in and signed up for Dish. Which came with a DVR.

And now Dad loves "Ice Road Truckers" and Mom is hooked on "What Not To Wear."

Life will never be the same.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/250s, f/4 at ISO 100 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment