Wednesday, June 24, 2009

94/365 Heat wave

I returned home from New Orleans last Friday, after spending days in the scorching heat and oppressive humidity, glad to finally be home and get some relief from the weather.

Nope. Wrong. Too bad. Better luck next time.

We, along with a large portion of the country, are in the middle of a 10-day heat wave.

The crazy thing about me? I'd rather have this than all the cold days in the first three months of the year. Even though just walking to and from the car leaves you glistening with sweat, I'd rather have that, with shorts, tank tops, and sandals, than piles of coats, scarves, gloves, hats, sweaters, long underwear... You get the idea.

I love central Indiana, but I could live somewhere warmer. Moving somewhere with a longer winter would take a really strong motivating force on my part.

So I'm not complaining too much. (Yet. It is, after all, not even July yet.)

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 1000 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment