Monday, June 8, 2009

78/365 Sprouting zucchini

This isn't exactly an attractive flower, like a peony or an iris. In fact, it kind of looks like the inside view of one of your internal organs, like the squeaky-clean video of a colonoscopy (sorry, that's just what popped into my head), but it's a pleasant sight nonetheless.

It's zucchini!

That means the garden is growing. And that means it won't be long and we'll have an abundance of fresh vegetables.

I have four tomato plants and a cucumber plant of my own, and they're getting along swimmingly. This lovely zucchini flower is blooming in my parents' garden.

My favorite zucchini dish is Mom's homemade zucchini bread, which she makes in large batches and freezes for a big winter stash. I'm ready!

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 200 under cloudy skies at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment