Wednesday, June 24, 2009

93/365 Fit for a crown

The Princess Atta flower.

No, that's not the real name, but it's the moniker given to it by Mom years ago. It reminds her, and I agree, of the queen's crown passed down to Princess Atta in A Bug's Life. You can see the crown in this clip, starting at about 3:25.



This flower is like that crown, in the way its petals sprout upward, and then gracefully fall over around the outside.

My favorite part of A Bug's Life is, hands-down, the "outtakes" the creators included in the ending credits of the movie. I always check the bonus features on a DVD, and if any outtakes are included, I can't resist. So the creativity that went into creating these from scratch gets praise from me.

The one that always makes me laugh? The belching contest near the end. You don't want to know why.



Yep, even after all these years, I still love it.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/200s, f/2.8 at ISO 200 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment