Sunday, June 14, 2009

84/365 Feeling Wicked

I adore Broadway musicals. And I've been waiting for Wicked to come to Indianapolis for years.

Honestly. That's not an exaggeration. I've been waiting that long.

The tour finally made a stop in Indy, so Mom and I went to Sunday's matinee. We bought our tickets late on the day that they went on sale, and the show was so popular that we couldn't get our favorite seats in the balcony.

Nevertheless, our view was fine, and the show was very good. The woman who played Glinda hilariously stole the show, though the actress playing Elphaba (the green wicked witch) was no slacker in the talent department.

If I could gain one talent, I would wish to have a singing voice like a Broadway lead. I can't imagine what it's like to be able to belt out a song with such power and finesse in one breath. It always blows me away.

I think if I lived in New York, I'd end up spending all my money on tickets to Broadway shows. I can't get enough!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000

No comments:

Post a Comment