Monday, June 1, 2009

71/365 Unidentified imagination

I try to be knowledgeable, or at least learn something new, but I have no idea what this flower is called. So I can't even look it up.

I can tell you what it looks like to me -- a sea anemone when it's up close in macro territory.

These aren't the first flora that have reminded me of underwater fauna. Most recently, the buds on a particular maple tree sparked a similar imagination track.

The individual blossoms on this flower are only about the size of a pencil eraser. They act as a small filler flower in the front of a large pot that contains several varieties, heights and colors. They almost look like purple moss until you get up close.

And then, check them out with a macro lens, and they transform into an underwater creature.

But I have no idea what it's called. Do you?

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 125 at about 8:00 p.m. in direct sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment