Tuesday, June 30, 2009

100/365 First 100 days

Believe it or not, the first 100 days of my second trip through Project 365 have passed! You can tell Buster is excited, right? Don't let him fool you with his "I'm oh-so cool" face.

As has become my tradition, at the conclusion of each 100 days, I share some links and thoughts on my favorite photos of the period. Shall we get right to it?

12/365 A willing model: One of the subjects I can't avoid is my darling Buster. And this photo of his perch at the top of the stairs has become a favorite.

32/365 Cherry blossoms: I love the crisp white and vibrant spring green in this photo. Those colors alone bring back that early spring-is-coming excitement.

36/365 Flowering redbuds: I often get close, within macro distance, for flora photos, but I backed up for this photo. It has a soft, pretty feel from being intentionally overexposed, and I like it.

58/365 Along the iris spectrum: Can you tell it's spring time by the quantity of blooming plants in these photos? The opposing moods in these photos -- one dark and dramatic, the other soft and ethereal -- bring me back to them as a favorite.

64/365 Perfect peonies: This photo is completely monochromatic and completely one of my favorites. I intend to have a print made of this and frame it, I like it so much. Hmm, where to hang it...?

87/365 Recovery in New Orleans: Now for some completely different subject matter, and one which can only be achieved through travel. My day volunteering with Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans was eye-opening, from the day spent in a recovering neighborhood to the stroll along the beautiful riverside that evening. The dichotomy of the city is striking, even after nearly four years since Hurricane Katrina.

89/365 Final morning in New Orleans: I spent several minutes getting photographs at the Gulf of Mexico tank in the New Orleans aquarium, and the bottom photo in this post is my favorite of the day.

Whew! Now what's ahead in the next 100 days? The Fourth of July this weekend, the hottest days of summer and the activities that come with it, a garden overflowing with produce, and Labor Day, to name a handful.

And on we go.

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 1600 at about 8:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment