Sunday, June 21, 2009

86/365 New Orleans, Louisiana

I'm back from New Orleans, with four days' worth of new photos ready to post. The trip went very smoothly and I enjoyed seeing the city.

We arrived in New Orleans around 7:00 p.m. Tuesday night, which gave us enough time to check in to our hotel and ask the concierge for some restaurant recommendations. He recommended a few places within walking distance in the French Quarter, so we set out and got our first taste of the city.

My first impression? New Orleans isn't nearly as wild and crazy as many people had led me to believe.
Sure, I believe that Mardi Gras season transforms the city into a different animal, and even now there are dozens of street performers and people looking to foretell your fortune. Maybe the hot summer weather imposed a relaxed demeanor on it while I was there.

Regardless, I loved the beautiful architecture and intricate balconies found throughout the French Quarter. Check the upcoming posts for more views of the city!

Camera: Canon 40D, 1/60s, f/4 at ISO 1600 and 640 between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment