Monday, June 29, 2009

99/365 A cool summer evening

Monday's temperature and humidity eased to a very comfortable level, so I didn't mind a walk to the far side of the pond for another lily photo.

I love how the background makes this yellow beauty stand out. That smooth gray background? Just the surface of the pond, reflecting the cloudy sky overhead. It gives the photo an edgy feel, with the cool gray and beaming yellow, as opposed to a photo like this with warm pink and open green shades.

I do enjoy variety.

On my way back to the house, I passed this pine tree beckoning to be photographed. I like that this is like a "before" and "after" progression in one image. The pine cone in front will eventually open up, dry out, and harden into the more recognizable brown pine cones in the background.

Camera: Canon 40D with 60mm macro lens, 1/125s, f/3.2 at ISO 100 and 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 250 at about 7:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment