Monday, June 22, 2009

91/365 Live long and prosper

I enjoy a good action flick.

Many of my favorite movies fall in the action/adventure category, including Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Mask of Zorro.

Dad and I started a bit of a tradition many years ago. He's also a big fan of action/adventure movies, so oftentimes, if I have a day off from work, we go see a movie together at the theater.

On Sunday, for Father's Day, I took him to see Star Trek. The theater was surprisingly almost full, even though the movie has been out for more than a month and a half. Dad's always enjoyed the various Star Trek TV series, so he's been dying to see this, and I was more than a little interested myself.

My quick review of the movie? Two thumbs up. The exciting trailers didn't give away all the best parts, and it's one I'll be happy to add to my permanent collection when it comes out on DVD (but probably not until it makes it down to at least $10). I enjoyed it without knowing many of the original characters, and Dad enjoyed it as a person familiar with nearly all of them.

J.J. Abrams, the fantastic creator of Alias, didn't let me down. I recommend it!

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 at about 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment