Friday, January 29, 2010

300/365 300th Post of Year 2

Believe it or not, today's photo is the 300th of this project! And that means only 65 more to go before a successful second round of Project 365.

I have to say, the second year is tougher than the first! I have to consciously work to not just rephotograph all the subjects I did the first year. Gotta make them different. I suppose that's kind of the point, though, right?

Ready for a round up of the best of the last 100 days?

214/365 Golden leaves -- Wow, remember what it was like to actually have some color outside? This photo makes me long for winter to be over!

216/265 Portobello mushroom -- Macro fan that I am, I love the texture in this photo. And it makes me hungry.

239/365 A rainy day in Chicago -- A beautiful end to a long day spent dodging in and out of stores on a marathon shopping trip.

240/365 A lovely walk around Chicago -- I can now mark a visit to the Cloud Gate off my photographer's bucket list.

276/365 Chilly morning -- This one is for Mom. She mentioned that she hadn't really seen this angle of the pond before, so she liked it.

279/365 Frosty morning -- Apparently we had a couple beautiful mornings fall quite close to each other. I love thick frost like this, especially when the sun hits it. Everything just sparkles.

290/365 First footprints -- My first really noticeable use of my new wide-angle lens.

296/365 Life is rough -- I choose this photo just because it warms my heart and makes me smile.

And what about the photo that goes in this post? These are an "after" shot of the new pendant lights that Dad installed in my living room. The old ones were rather ugly, 1970s throwback, brushed gold cones on the ceiling. Ick.

What's next in the final 65 days of this year? Look for week-long themes, helping me with inspiration in the final stretch!

Camera: Canon 40D with 430EX Speedlite, 1/80s, f/4 at ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment