Thursday, January 21, 2010

292/365 Third time around


When I like a movie, I'll watch it at least three times. The first time through, you focus on following the story. The second time, you pick up foreshadowing and character clues. The third time, you really notice details and gain more of an appreciation of the vision of the director, writer, and crew.

I recently took my third tour of a client's facility, and in many ways, it was like watching a movie for the third time. Even though I knew what was going on, that familiarity allowed me to ask more questions, pay attention to smaller details, and enhance my understanding of what they do.

When it comes to a client relationship, that understanding is definitely important.

Plus, it's fun to see new coworkers don lab coats and massive safety goggles. It's almost like an initiation.

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD1000 indoors under fluorescent lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment