Monday, January 18, 2010

290/365 First footprints


I recently subscribed to a new blog in my Reader called "1000 Awesome Things." And the blog is definitely awesome.

Each day, the author posts a simple, usually everyday thing that is awesome -- usually something that we all like but rarely think about consciously. For example: when your windshield washers match the beat of the song you're listening to; walking on grass with bare feet; finding hidden compartments in things you already own; and when the dog's really excited you're back home. Today's was "Making the first footprint in fresh snow." Definitely awesome!

I didn't get the honor of making the first footprints in this photo above, but I liked finding them anyways. I like those simple trails, when they're uninterrupted, and you can see the beginning and end clearly.

I also like seeing animals' tracks and trying to decipher what kind of animal made them. Dog, squirrel, deer, rabbit.

Also awesome: getting the first real photo with a new lens and really being able to tell it's different. Awesome!

Camera: Canon 40D with 24mm wide angle lens, 1/125s, f/2.8 at ISO 100 at about 5:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment